none
Windows 10 - Repeat Blue Screen of Death RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Below are my issues in regards to my desktop.

I upgraded my PC in July of this year to add an additional 8GB of RAM, a new GTX 1060 video card with 6GB of RAM and a new wireless card. Since this time I have had numerous issues with the computer and getting blue screens of death. Most of these often indicate hardware issues as the reason behind the fault. When I brought the computer back to the store which did the upgrades for my computer they have been unable to determine a cause for the issues. There were concerns that the RAM cards were not playing nice together as one was an original (2015) and then a brand new one. They were running on different time slots (.9) and (.11). The old RAM card was replaced with a brand new one running on the same timing and still issues continued. It was decided to restore the computer to factory settings with most of my old data being backed up and then put back into the computer. Unfortunately since this has happened I have had four blue screens of death 3 of which indicated a hardware issue.

I run the latest build of Windows 10; the graphics card was updated to the latest driver but at this point I am unsure of what to do. I spent $1300 on the tower alone and then another $750 to upgrade it and I have had nothing but issues since the upgrade and because my computer has spent so much time at the store they are starting to charge me for labour as they cant determine the issues since the codes for the crashes don't coincide with anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, October 2, 2017 2:19 PM

All replies