Prerequisires where? RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find the required XPSP2 "filter manager rollup package"?

A required api is apparently included in the rollup: "FsRtlCreateSectionForDataScan"

Where can I find the Windows "Update Agent 2.0"?

Alec

Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Alec

The XP/SP2 QFE Filter Manager package is available on the CD in the \hotfixes directory.  It's the windowsxp-kb914882-x86-enu.exe file

As for the Update Agent 2.0, if you just browse to http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate, your client will automatically download the WUA 2.0 agent

Hope this helps

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:04 PM
  •  Chris Sfanos - MSFT wrote:

The XP/SP2 QFE Filter Manager package is available on the CD in the \hotfixes directory.  It's the windowsxp-kb914882-x86-enu.exe file

Hello, Chris

I didn't properly understand. Can you please explain which *CD* do you mean?

For the record, I have received Forefront Client Security from Microsoft Public Beta Download site. (Well, actually I'm receiving...)

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:02 PM
  • For folks who are downloading the Public Beta from microsoft.com, it is packaged as a ZIP file.  You should extract its contents (using Winzip or appropriate software) to a local directory which will create the CD layout - in that directory, there will be a \hotfixes directory that contains the QFE.

thanks,
    Anthony

Monday, November 20, 2006 2:30 AM