Task Scheduler Very Sluggish RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I opened Task Scheduler today to perform some tweaking and my CPU usage spiked up right away and the task scheduler interface is very slow, sluggish, and unresponsive sometimes. When I click on something, the window goes "Not Responding" and after a while it comes back alive and performs what I asked.

As if there is something in the background hogging.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X4 955 @4.0GHz and 2x2GB 1333 RAM.

Please let me know what other information you require so that you can help me.

Thank you,

JA
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 1:06 PM

Answers

• I found the problem to be the Multi-Monitor Management software I use: Display Fusion Pro.

I am working with the developer to solve this issue. Thank you everyone!

JA
    • Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:07 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

First, please boot in Clean Boot to check whether the 3rd party software cause this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi JA,

Does the pc only seem unresponsive when you run the Task Scheduler?  What sort of tweaking were you going to do with the Task Scheduler?

Saturday, July 2, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Hi JA,

Does the pc only seem unresponsive when you run the Task Scheduler?  What sort of tweaking were you going to do with the Task Scheduler?

It only seems unresponsive in Task Scheduler. Anything other than that is flawless. I was going to edit the parameters for a software I have set to run on startup.
    JA
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 8:19 PM
  • I locked the CPU in lower P-states and the responsiveness improved but there is still a considerable lag between when I click on an item and when it gets highlighted.

I still don't see this lag as acceptable given that there are only 20 items in the list.

What do you gents suggest?

JA
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

First, please boot in Clean Boot to check whether the 3rd party software cause this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:45 AM
  • I found the problem to be the Multi-Monitor Management software I use: Display Fusion Pro.

I am working with the developer to solve this issue. Thank you everyone!

JA
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:34 AM
  • I had a similar problem with another dual monitor program, Dual Monitor Taskbar.  Closing it made the task scheduler UI work normally again.  It's odd that the the scheduler UI is the only program that I've ever noticed to have this negative interaction with the dual monitor program.
    Friday, October 9, 2015 2:49 PM