none
Problems republishing an existing schedule. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    My scheduling team contacted me with an issue they are experiencing on a few schedules that have been published to Project Server 2010.  They are using Project Professional 2010 to update, save, and publish the schedules. 

    The issue they are running into is they make changes or baseline a schedule, save it, then try and publish it.  Instead of publishing the schedule, Project Professional prompts them to create a new Project Site.  The project site already exists though as they have published the schedule(s) in the past successfully.  I can see the site exists on the backend looking at the PWA Server Settings but do not see any errors on any of the server logs when it comes to publishing.

    Does anyone have any ideas as to why some of the schedules publish without any issues and others are prompting for my team to create a new Project Site even though it already exists?  We cannot currently update the schedules that are giving us this site creation issue and could really use some help trying to figure out how to resolve this problem. 

    Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

  • Heh...the project name is the same.  They were not saving anything locally and manipulating the data.  They were opening the file stored on the server, making changes, saving it back to the server and publishing it.  I ended up opening a ticket with Microsoft regarding the issue as other things started to go wrong.  By the end of the call, the support rep noticed we had the Project service running on both the Web Server and Application server.  This fixed the correlation errors we were getting when attempting to view the schedules in PWA, and it looks like it also cleared up the publishing issues as well.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:14 PM

All replies

  • this is going to sound insulting but are they sure the project name is exactly the same? is it possible they saved this project as a MPP file to a drive and then tried to resave it to the server under a slightly different name?


    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:15 PM
    Moderator
  • Heh...the project name is the same.  They were not saving anything locally and manipulating the data.  They were opening the file stored on the server, making changes, saving it back to the server and publishing it.  I ended up opening a ticket with Microsoft regarding the issue as other things started to go wrong.  By the end of the call, the support rep noticed we had the Project service running on both the Web Server and Application server.  This fixed the correlation errors we were getting when attempting to view the schedules in PWA, and it looks like it also cleared up the publishing issues as well.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Yikes. Yeah, that would do it too. Glad it worked out.
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Friday, August 19, 2011 12:55 AM
    Moderator