Problem with installing for sata driver... RRS feed

• Question

• where should i include the sata diver for the installation ???? im using the sil3112 ....
    Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:17 AM

Answers

• At the first screen of installation press F6 (both for XP and Vista).  It say press F6 for installing additional drivers at the bottom of the screen.

Make sure you have your driver ready in floppy.  At some stage a screen will come to specify additional drivers. Press "S" for this to happen. The driver will be loaded from floppy. That is it.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:39 AM

All replies

• At the first screen of installation press F6 (both for XP and Vista).  It say press F6 for installing additional drivers at the bottom of the screen.

Make sure you have your driver ready in floppy.  At some stage a screen will come to specify additional drivers. Press "S" for this to happen. The driver will be loaded from floppy. That is it.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:39 AM
  • http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/sb/cs-009292.htm
    ntel® Application Accelerator
    ICH5 and the Intel® Application Accelerator

The Intel® Application Accelerator does not support chipsets based on the Intel® 82801EB I/O controller hub (ICH5) or the Intel® 82801ER I/O controller hub (ICH5R).

If you have a chipset based on ICH5, please use the Microsoft* native storage driver built into Windows*. It supports both Serial ATA and Parallel ATA hard drives.

If you have a chipset based on ICH5R, please use the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager. The Intel Matrix Storage Manager supports the RAID controller only, so will not work with ICH5.