none
Can i have 2 drivergroups? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Is it correct in having 2 drivergroups? one says DriverGroup001 = Windows 7/%make%/%model% and the other says DriverGroup002 = Windows 7/%make%/%LenovoModel%

I have checked ZTIGather.wsf that %LenovoModel% is set

I only ask because i am trying with a lenovo laptop just in a workgroup (normally all re-images are on our domain) and it does not inject drivers :(

Regards
    ronnie.jorgensen systems engineer
    My blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:33 PM

All replies

• What does your CS.ini look like? How are you using DriverGroup002 specifically? What is the use-case for needing the Windows 7/%make%/LenovoModel% instead of just using Windows 7/%make%/%model% ?

-Nick O.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:19 PM
  • [Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=NO
    SkipBitLocker=YES

SLShareDynamicLogging=\\domain.local\mdt2012\logs\Deploy\%OSDComputerName%

FinishAction=REBOOT

WUMU_ExcludeKB001=976002 
    WUMU_ExcludeKB002=2267621
    WUMU_ExcludeKB003=2434419
    WUMU_ExcludeKB004=2718695

I am not setting the setting in there. i am using the task sequence. see pictures below shows settings in TS and the driver folder structure.

The thing is for dell computers this works flawlessly, not sure what i am missing.

Regards
    My blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:35 PM

• Regards
    My blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:35 PM
  • But why set the %LenovoModel% at all? You seem to be reproducing your work, when %Model% (as exists in your first Set Drivers Path) would work just fine, provided the folder name (model) is correct.

Unless there is some reason I'm not seeing, there is no reason to have a DriverGroup002 in the manner you are using it. DriverGroup001 set to "Windows 7\%make%\%model%" should work just fine for all your drivers.

-Nick O.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:10 PM
  • Now it makes more sense to me, sorry for bad explanation.

So Lenovo laptops that we have, %model% will equal to 12984BG and not ThinkPad Edge E320, further to this another model of the E320 might have %model% 12986UL 

So the hack i found using %LenovoModel% http://smulpuru.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/mdt-custom-variable-for-lenovo-model-drivergroup/ 

it just does not seem to pick up drivers, hope it makes more sense now :)

Regards
    My blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:56 AM
  • Make sure "DriverSelectionProfile=Nothing" is included in your CS.ini. I also like to set this in the task sequence itself - the "Inject Drivers" task under Set Drivers Path should be set to the Nothing profile.  

-Nick O.

• Edited by Nick Ourso Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:37 PM edit
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:36 PM