Activesync data usage reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a need to log the volume of activesync data use on a user by user basis. We are running Exchange 2007. I am looking at get-activesyncdevicestatistics but that doesn't seem to give me what I am after. Also reviewing IIS logs. Am I correct in thinking Exchange doesn't log this data?

Does anybody know of a way to do this?

Thanks

Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

• I am looking at get-activesyncdevicestatistics but that doesn't seem to give me what I am after. Also reviewing IIS logs. Am I correct in thinking Exchange doesn't log this data?

Thanks

Exchange doesn't store the data but the IIS Logs will.
    You can get a lot of information using the script published on the Exchange Team Blog.

See: A script to troubleshoot issues with Exchange ActiveSync

Martina Miskovic

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:41 AM
  • I am looking at get-activesyncdevicestatistics but that doesn't seem to give me what I am after. Also reviewing IIS logs. Am I correct in thinking Exchange doesn't log this data?

Thanks

You can get a lot of information using the script published on the Exchange Team Blog.

Martina Miskovic

Martina is right. You may use Exchange cmdlet Export-ActiveSyncLog. see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201675.aspx

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• May be a third party product on the mobile device or firewall can collect that kind of log.

Fiona Liao

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:16 AM

Thanks

Martina Miskovic

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:41 AM
  • Hi SteveCous,

The moderators are correct in informing that Exchange doesn't stores these data.You can try a 3rd party tool which I recently came to know on a forum post here on social technet ,the product is Lepide Exchange Reporter. May be you can give it a try. It has some reporting features which are very useful and they include this notification as well (which you need).

Thanks

Amit

Friday, August 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Thanks

Martina Miskovic

Martina is right. You may use Exchange cmdlet Export-ActiveSyncLog. see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201675.aspx

Fiona Liao

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:57 AM