Sequencing Application + TAPI RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to sequence the Shoretel Personal Call Manager for deployment throughout our office, however, the TAPI service associated with this installation doesn't seem to want to come along. The software works just fine on the sequencer PC, but doesnt give me any presence information on my test PC - because of the missing TAPI snapin.

Normally there would be an option in (Control Panel -> Phone & Modem -> Advanced tab) that shows the Shoretel TAPI. This is added in automatically via the installation on the sequencing PC, but like I said, it doesn't seem to get copied into the package.

Any thoughts?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 8:47 PM

Answers

• That type of plug-in won't be able to be sequenced because Windows Explorer is not running inside the App-V environment, so it has no knowledge of the add-on.

You could add a shortcut to the Control Panel Phone & Modem applet (similar to running Internet Explorer inside the App-V bubble) but there's no guarantee that that approach will work.

If you can seperate the TAPI add-on or driver from the application, you could sequence the app and install the TAPI add-on/driver which may work.

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, September 10, 2010 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:30 PM