none
How to set number field in decimal 3 place RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

i m using Microsoft project professional 2013. i have assign the the task to 1 user, who is daily basis fill the data in 

in project plan, i have a problem the the actual date like that for example : 12.123, 234.456, 0.123,0.199.

All value are after decimal in 3 place but when i enter these value it is automatically round off decimal point 2 digit, which is not correct for us, because in sub total the value have change due to round off the value.

any one can suggest the value should be shown in decimal 3 place don't round off. the field type is number.

Thanks

Ali

India

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Ali,

Unfortunately you cannot change this behavior. This is by design that Project rounds with 2 decimals.

In addition, I'd like to challenge you on this: is it relevant and manageable to enter 0,123 hrs of actual work which is 7,38 minutes.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

I had this problem a few years ago where a customer needed a units cost with 6 decimals (contractual price was in €/m² and quantities in km²). Solution is to never use cost nor number fields but enter data in text fields. Calculations can be done in VBA or via exporting to Excel.

If possible an alternative solution is to use the thousands as units and take into account that yout totals ald results will be 1000 times reality.

Greetings,

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:20 AM