Make a custom field update automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I extended an Management Pack (Windows Computer) to create financial fields in my configuration items and I would like to know if it is possible to make a particular field to update automatically every time on the first day of the month(start 1, next moth 2, 3, 4, etc.. until 35) and send an email when this field reach the value 35?

It's possible? How can I do it?

Thanks

Allan

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:44 PM

Answers

• Orchestrator uses "Extension of Windows Computer" or "Extension of whatever class" to get the custom properties added through a class extension. Check for the word "Extension" in the class selection list and see if that helps!
    • Marked as answer by AllanOSilva Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:16 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:11 PM

All replies

• The best way to do this would be either through a PowerShell workflow or Orchestrator runbook. It really depends on your level of comfort, and preference on whether or not to use PowerShell or Orchestrator. You could have either run on a schedule and have it increment the value in the field. Then create a subscription that would be triggered based on the value you want. For example the subscription with the criteria of field in the computer class does not equal 35 is changed to a value that equals 35. 

Matthew Dowst | Blog | Twitter

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:10 PM
  • I'm trying to do by Orchestrator runbook, but as is a custom field I'm not sure which table Orchestrator uses to create the fields in the database. I thought it was possible to make through the Service Manager using Authoring Tools.

Allan

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:34 AM
  • Orchestrator uses "Extension of Windows Computer" or "Extension of whatever class" to get the custom properties added through a class extension. Check for the word "Extension" in the class selection list and see if that helps!
    • Marked as answer by AllanOSilva Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:16 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:11 PM