none
Firewall Rule for DPM Agent Coordinator to work RRS feed

• Question

• What firewall rule can be setup on the protected server so that the DPM Agent can be installed, configured and attached from the DPM server console?  I can successfully install the agent manually.

Note:

1. Open Rule.  The only Firewall Rule that I've setup that allows for the DPM Agent to be installed from the console is an Open rule which allows  any program, with any port.  This isn't very safe.

2. Browse to DPMAC.  I can't specify or browse to the DPMAC.exe program for the firewall rule in the Programs and Services tab because before the agent is installed on the protected server the DPM folder/agents do not exist.

3. Reference.  I've reviewed the following reference: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2621989/en-us

Thank you in advance for considering this question.

- Jenna

Friday, September 26, 2014 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The documented NETSH commands in the mentioned KB should work - no browsing required.

Netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name = "dpmac" dir=in program="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\ProtectionAgents\AC\<DPMVersion>\dpmac.exe" action=allow

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, October 12, 2014 12:37 AM