offline media little inconvenience RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am preparing multiple keys for offline deployment (for remote sites).

I have a little "inconvenience" after first boot.

To continue the deployment I have to press OK in the window displaying "reinsert the key".

Then it installs couple of apps and i get SUCCESS for the deployment. I remember in the past I didn't have this message.

Also, the key is detected because there is a window for Actions on the key, but probably with the delay.

May be it is pc model related (USB detection stuff).

Any advice... Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, July 27, 2018 1:29 PM

Answers

• With USB 3 on Windows 7 you can sometimes see this.  It has to do with it not being natively support and takes a second to initialize.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, July 30, 2018 12:20 PM
    Friday, July 27, 2018 8:12 PM

All replies

• With USB 3 on Windows 7 you can sometimes see this.  It has to do with it not being natively support and takes a second to initialize.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, July 30, 2018 12:20 PM
    Friday, July 27, 2018 8:12 PM
  • Thanks Ty.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Monday, July 30, 2018 12:20 PM
  • some info:

I tried the key on another hardware (the model is in Out of box) and it finish the deployment without prompting for OK pressing. So it looks like hardware does matter.

Monday, July 30, 2018 5:14 PM