none
SharePoint User Profile Synchronization Connect over ADFS RRS feed

• Question

• There are multiple topics regarding setting up the user profile service in combination with multiple authentication providers eDirectory, active directory etc. but I can't find how to set it up using ADFS.

This is my situation:
    In a datacenter I installed a brand new domain, DomainA. In this domain I configured a SharePoint 2010 farm.
    At the on premises HQ I am using DomainB and installed a ADFS Solution. I can successfully logon to the SharePoint farm in the datacenter using my on premises userid of the DomainB over ADFS. I've also configured the user profile service and applied the cumulative update of April 2013. I can successfully synchronize the datacenter DomainA users using a 'synchronization connection'.

Because i'm using ADFS i'm using my DomainB users to logon the the SharePoint farm. I want to synchronize the DomainB users using 'User Profile Services'. So I want to setup a 'synchronization connection' to the DomainB domain. How can I Achieve that, is it possible at all to user the User Profile service to connect to my ADFS Server and import all the user profile data? If so how do I setup my 'Synchronization connection'?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:54 PM

Answers

• With ADFS, you need to have access to the source domain, and then you would set it up like a normal Active Directory synchronization connection.

You can't sync directly against ADFS, you need access to the data source ADFS is leveraging.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:06 PM