none
Migrate DHCP Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I need to migrate my Windows 2008R2 DHCP server because a virus attack...Problem is I cannot open a CMD or PowerShell console because the server is corrupted. The recomended way to migrate is using NETSH command.

Is there any other way to migrate? copying the DHCP directory and registry keys?

Thanks a lot

Saturday, March 10, 2018 1:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you can use netsh to export all the scope options or you can prepare  new server with DHCP services installed.

Stop the service

copy the dhcp folder from the older server to new server.

overwirte the DHCP folder

Start the services

Open dhcp console and select the new server to authorize the server to issue DHCP clients.

Migration completed. 

Thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

• Marked as answer by Soquete Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:57 PM
    Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Soquete

How about connecting with powershell on your computer to the remote server and execute the commands?

https://www.howtogeek.com/117192/how-to-run-powershell-commands-on-remote-computers/

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

Yes you can use netsh to export all the scope options or you can prepare  new server with DHCP services installed.

Stop the service

copy the dhcp folder from the older server to new server.

overwirte the DHCP folder

Start the services

Open dhcp console and select the new server to authorize the server to issue DHCP clients.

Migration completed. 

Thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

• Marked as answer by Soquete Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:57 PM
    Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:37 PM
  • I am going to try this

Thanks

Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:56 PM
  • Hi Soquete,

Please refer to the following article and use Netsh utility to migrate DHCP,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/281626/how-to-use-the-netsh-utility-to-export-and-import-dhcp-scopes

Hope the information above helpful. Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael 

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 12, 2018 2:11 AM