SCE 2010 - No data, or "Not Monitored” sections in Monitoring workspace RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all,

We have had SCE 2010 running for several months and we are just now getting time to work with the Monitoring workspace.  When we look at the sections under Monitoring | Microsoft Windows Client | Performance | Windows Client OS Performance (Disk Capacity, Disk Performance, Disk Utilization, Memory Utilization (Page File), Memory Utilization (Physical), Network Adapter Utilization, Processor Performance), there is no data to view (nothing in the legend). 

When we look at the sections under Monitoring | Microsoft Windows Server | Performance, some of these sections have data to view (Disk Capacity, Memory Utilization (Page File), Processor Performance), some do not (Disk Performance, Disk Utilization, Memory Utilization (Physical), Network Adapter Utilization).

Are there some steps that we need to take to enable view of these performance statistics?

I have screen captures of the Monitoring workspace, if you would like me to forward them.

Thank you!

David

Thursday, December 2, 2010 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Before going any further, I would like to know if you see the "not monitored" error. Did you received any alert regarding this issue? You can also check if there is any event log regarding this issue.

To troubleshoot this issue, please check if the following thread will help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/systemcenterinventory/thread/2595b55e-4017-4b1d-a6a9-c2cdbc9527fc

If the screenshot is available, please upload it to Sky drive and let us know the address.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 3, 2010 7:33 AM
  • We have seen a few "Not Monitored" messages, but they were from new systems added to SCE, and the messages have cleared themselves. The messgaes were primarily for systems not receiving updates from SCE.

I looked through the link provided and it appears that it references updates to Management Packs.  Are there updates for the Management Packs that came with SCE 2010 (retail version)?  Doesn't SCE notify us when there are updates to Management Packs?

I have uploaded 9 screen captures to Sky Drive.  Please let me know who I should share these with.

Thank you!

David

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 4:14 PM
  • Greetings,

I posted the screen captures that were requested to a Sky drive account last Wednesday (8-Dec-2010) and requested information about who to share these images with.  I have not seen any response. 

Is there an email address these can be sent to? 

Thank you.

David

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:03 PM