none
FIM Portal authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I need to have users to log into the FIM portal from a domain which does not have any trust with the domain where FIM installed. So I am building a ASP .Net website in the FIM server. It takes the user credentials, authenticates/impersonates and then launches FIM portal. However, a prompt for username/password is still being raised to go to the FIM portal. Any insight what is going on?

Thanks,
    John

Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:37 AM

All replies

• Make sure your authentication mechanism is ok (if you use Kerberos, check SPNs and delegation).

Moreover, in most deployments, we use GPO to add FIM Portal to trusted sites so user is automatically logged in without being prompted for credentials.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:08 AM
  • Thanks! I already added the FIM portal to trusted sites, but since the users are in a different domain, I guess that is what causing the prompt for credential. My question is if I can work around it either programmatically or by changing any configuration in IIS/SharePoint.
    Monday, February 16, 2015 3:16 PM