none
Windows 10 Group Policy Templates : What do I do after downloading?

Question

• I feel dumb for even asking this, but when I install the templates nothing happens.  I try going in and importing the admin templates like i've done in the past, but when I point it to the folder where it installed them there's a "PolicyDefinitions" folder with a bunch of admx files, which I can't import, and then a en-US folder with a ton of adml files which I can't import.  

Someone make me feel stupid, I can't find anything on how to get these imported where I can start managing my Windows 10 clients.  

I'm using Windows Server 2012 R2 if that helps.

Thanks!

Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

What exactly do you mean by "which I can't import"? How exactly have you tried? Any error messages?

After install or exact the file, just copy the .ADMX file into your existing "PolicyDefinitions" folders (The default location of the Administrative Templates is %SystemRoot%\PolicyDefinitions) and overwritten the existing ones, and copy .ADML file from into the existing en-US folder, and replace the existing ones.

If you are using Central Store, then copy them into your Central Store instead (Default location: %SystemRoot%\SYSVOL\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 07, 2015 8:33 AM