none
Many errors relating to - Winsock error code: 10060 win32

Question

• Looking through the SMTP send logs I've come across lots of errors mentioning this:

Winsock error code: 10060, Win32 error code: 10060, Error Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 159.15.129.84:25"

AND

,,"Failed to connect. Winsock error code: 10061, Win32 error code: 10061, Error Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.64.119.254:25"

There are over a 1200 winsock related errors per day in each SEND log.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DG

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How are you routing your mail? DNS record or Smarthost?

How about internal or external mail flow?

Try to telnet to the IP over port 25.  If that fails, please check your firewall setting and make sure you allow output SMTP traffic from your mail server, then contact with your ISP and make sure they don't block smtp traffic on port 25.

We can run "Get-SendConnector | FL" to check your Send Connector setting.

Regards,

David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi All,

It looks like the error was because our ISP was randomly blocking stuff.

They gave us their smart host details, so I used that to tunnel out of their warzone of a network and all works!

Thanks everyone for your time and help with this.

Regards,

DG

• Marked as answer by displaynameftw Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:26 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How are you routing your mail? DNS record or Smarthost?

How about internal or external mail flow?

Try to telnet to the IP over port 25.  If that fails, please check your firewall setting and make sure you allow output SMTP traffic from your mail server, then contact with your ISP and make sure they don't block smtp traffic on port 25.

We can run "Get-SendConnector | FL" to check your Send Connector setting.

Regards,

David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

It's DNS.

All mail flow is fine EXCEPT one certain domain we try to email - it shows errors like the ones above.

We have port 25 unblocked with our ISP.

I ran an SMTPDiag and have interesting results.

If I mail to any address i.e. @live, @gmail, @gmx - it comes back all green, with a big list of various connections to the various servers of @ live "successfully connected to xxx.hotmail.com [IP] on port 25"

If I run the same command for the domain we cannot email, it comes back with the following:

We've contacted the company that we cannot sent the mail to, and they swear it has nothing to do with them.

The fact we have so many of these errors in our logs lead me to believe it's on our end.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

DG

Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Hi All,

It looks like the error was because our ISP was randomly blocking stuff.

They gave us their smart host details, so I used that to tunnel out of their warzone of a network and all works!

Thanks everyone for your time and help with this.

Regards,

DG

• Marked as answer by displaynameftw Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:26 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:26 PM