The link to "Manage services on server" is missing from the Central Administration page RRS feed

• Question

• I had few new SP 2010 installations lately. after a day or 2 some installations had the link to "Manage services on server" is missing from the Central Administration page on some SP2010

Anyone knows why this happaning and how to resolve it?

Ofer Gal
    Monday, August 2, 2010 1:03 PM

Answers

• Try running IE (when you go to your CA) with elevated privileges, e.g. "run as administrator"

(or start via the shortcut the installation placed in your start menu)

rob
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, August 13, 2010 12:59 AM
    Monday, August 2, 2010 6:53 PM

All replies

• Try running IE (when you go to your CA) with elevated privileges, e.g. "run as administrator"

(or start via the shortcut the installation placed in your start menu)

rob
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, August 13, 2010 12:59 AM
    Monday, August 2, 2010 6:53 PM
  • Thanks, the same issue in SP2013
    Monday, July 22, 2013 9:55 PM
  • Hello, I know I'm some years back now but I have the same problem as Ofer Gal had but with SP 2013 and I dont know what IE stands for so could you pleas explean it to me?
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Can somebody explain why you have to be on the server and Run as administrator in this case?  I just ran into the same issue on one farm.  On most other farms, I can get to manage services on server without Running as administrator.
    Monday, July 21, 2014 6:40 PM
  • Can somebody explain why you have to be on the server and Run as administrator in this case?  I just ran into the same issue on one farm.  On most other farms, I can get to manage services on server without Running as administrator.

When UAC is turned on, certain features in Central Admin are not available (its only like 2 features). If you try to run SharePoint Management Shell, you have to run it as administrator, or else you cannot "get-spfarm".

UAC features normally access the file system, such as program files, that are protected.

Eric Schrader Senior SharePoint Solutions Architect at 6th Street Consulting

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:04 AM
  • Thanks Rob keep it up..
    Monday, February 23, 2015 6:48 AM
  • http://microsoftepmsolution.blogspot.com/2014/08/sharepointproject-server-2013-manage.html

change admin to farm admin by following the link!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:48 PM
  • thanks ROB 
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:57 PM