Outlook and Credential Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who is having an issue receiving emails in the Outlook 2016 client. He receives all email on his phone, and in OWA. However, each morning, he stops receiving emails at some point in the Outlook client, but continues to receive them on the phone and OWA, until we clear all Microsoft cached credentials from Windows Credential manager. Instantly after clearing this, and reopening Outlook, the emails appear again. Rinse and repeat each morning. The user has not recently changed his password, and it hasn't expired on him either. I have not been able to find the reason why this is directly linked to clearing his credentials. Any suggestions?

• Edited by edicesare Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:01 PM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, October 26, 2018 6:59 AM
    Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi edicesare,

When issue occurs, we can click Send/Receive button to manually update Outlook folders and see if you can receive new messages. If there are any error messages, please paste here for further research.

Does Outlook show Disconnected or Need Password?

We can first try creating a new profile to see if it helps.

Besides, you can also try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 29, 2018 6:37 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Hi edicesare,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 29, 2018 6:37 AM