Some strange problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some strange problems:
    I connect to database with OleDB and change the database reference to the master. After it I do:
       a. Drop my database and create a new one. (No user connected to my database)
       b. Delete all tables and shrink database.
    In both cases my application is stop response on some computers. Also it works on computer that connected to my network and after I disconnect it from my network they stop response.
    * Change reference to master I tryed by OleDB function and by SQL expression. In both cases it doesn't help me.
    * I am not using the pooling for the connection.
    * I have tryed my queries in Query Analyzer and it works fine.

How can I solve it?

I need renew database each time when I insert new start data that I get from some files.

Thank's
    Alexei

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:41 AM

All replies

• Are you connecting to the database that you want to delete first? After switching to master database maybe the connection to the working database is still active.

I dont' see a reason to delete the tables and the database.
    Seems like all you really need to do is delete the records in the tables.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:08 AM
  • I tryed to connect to database and switch to master database. Also I tryed to connect direct to master database. After connection I have tryed to delete the database.

All tables that exists in database have only part of time to be in use. After I didn't need them I want to delete them.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 7:38 AM