---How can I find a CSS FILE that is related to News page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am trying to customize SP Portal (MOSS 2007)

I customized the very first page (Home) using Default.master and Core.CSS. But when I am going to "News page", sites and the other ones the top navigation looks original. What CSS files are responsible for the other pages(News, Doc. Ctr, Reports, search, sites)?

How to find out that CSS files? Is there any file schema that exists that I can look at?

Thank you.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:01 PM

Answers

• If you are using IE Explorer 7 or above under the Tools Menu, you can use Developer Tools which allow you to point to a page or an object inside a page and see the CSS that is applied.  You can also find out which CSS the page is using under the CSS tab inside of the Developer Tool.
    • Proposed as answer by Leland Usher Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by eclipsen2002 Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:38 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 12:22 AM

All replies

• If you are using IE Explorer 7 or above under the Tools Menu, you can use Developer Tools which allow you to point to a page or an object inside a page and see the CSS that is applied.  You can also find out which CSS the page is using under the CSS tab inside of the Developer Tool.
    • Proposed as answer by Leland Usher Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by eclipsen2002 Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:38 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 12:22 AM
  • Wow, Leland, It's like giving a blind person his vision back! Thank you so much for this tip. It makes a world of difference. This is so helpful!

THANK YOU!!!  :)

Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:01 AM
  • Hi Eclipsen, could you mark my response as answer?

Thank you and I'm glad it helped.

Thursday, September 9, 2010 3:53 PM