none
File recovery points also affecting VMs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a protection group that contains among its members a DFS root share. Because of this I get the option to configure file recovery points but find that it is creating recovery points for the VMs as well as the DFS. Why is it doing this? Is there any way to have the DFS in the same PG but only have the file recovery points only apply to the files so that it doesn't impact our VMs (the issue was noticed when we found databases were temporarily unusable as they were being frozen for backup)?

Monday, June 30, 2014 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a known problem that can occur - please put the file protection in a separate protection group as a workaround.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, June 30, 2014 8:13 PM
  • I've also seen this affecting databases after I installed a Protection Agent on our database server. is this also a known issue?
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:32 PM