After installation of XP SP3 - error - Windows - No Disk RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have installed Xp SP3 on my HP Pavillion machine, now after rebooting my machine displays following error message and even after 'Cancel', 'Try Again' or 'Continue' button pressing many times, this message comes again and again.

Windows - No disk

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

Does anybody experienced this error?

Please suggest?

Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hey Falcon

Strange but solvable. Of course this depends on when th error appears. This seemed to be a familiar error. And doing an internet search lead to alot of solutions. Gave me a flash back tothe c:> prompt btw.

But try this

Solution1 )click on start, control panel, task bar and start menu, click on the start tab. clear on clear. This should solve your problem

Solution 2.)

Unless you have an older version of Apples quick time. You may need to update this video display. Which version if you have this are you using?

Delete or rename the file: QuickTimeFavorites.qtr
    If you have reverted to sp2 remove these kbs KB925902, KB931261, KB930178, KB931784 & KB932168
     Start>>Run>>msconfig>>Startup tab. I then turned off Reader_sl

Solution 3)

Turning off your bios floppy disk drive. Floppy drive may have failed.

Solution 4.)

Are you inserting any blank usb, photo sticks, detachable memory cards or usb drives? Then Windows attempts to index it. Turning off the indexing should help rprevent this problem from reappearing.

Solution 5)

Do you have a realtek audio device? There is a microsoft fix for this conflicting with Windows animation cursor flaw.

Solution 6)

Do you have any symatec protucts older versions reverted? If so update to a more recent version.

Solution 7) uninstall all Usb pereph. Then re-installing them

Solution 8) Case of multiple hard drives, card readers.

Uninstalling card readers and other hard drives to make boot drive c: then re-installing every thing.

keith
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:23 AM
  • falcon31, is your disk on an IDE (PATA) bus or a SATA bus?  If SATA, are the SATA drivers correctly present?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:14 PM
  • Thanks for your help 1stknight, my friends had this error and your first solution worked a charm

Monday, September 1, 2008 9:38 AM
  • I'm attempting to solve this problem using solution #1, but what does "click on the start tab. clear on clear" mean??  I follow you up to that point.

Thanks so much!

Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:04 PM
  • I was having this issue when attempting to run any ruby scripts. Before the script would even run/ get to line 1, the error would appear.

Fortunately, solution 4 turned out to be the correct one for me.

I had been charging my cellphone via the USB port, and it was in 'just charge' mode rather than USB drive mode. Evidently windows still attempts to index it as a drive even though its trying to hide. Cellphone model: Palm Pre.

Unplugging the cellphone instantly made windows happy again.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 11:09 PM