none
How to edit IE8 security certificate? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me how to add additional secondary DNS servers to an internet explorer 8 security certificate? I have a friend who is still running Windows XP and IE8, and wants to access gmail.  Google has revoked security certificates for IE8 and left a message that IE8 is basically so old that it is no longer compatible. However, it seems to work fine, just with security certificate violation warnings coming up all the time.

So, I followed instructions to put my own security certificate in place, and have run into a problem that the certificate is for mail.google.com, but what shows up in the naviagation bar is gmail.com - there is a redirect going on at google.

There appears to be a place on the security certificate to put in secondary DNS's, and it already has some such as inbox.google.com, and so on.  But I cannot see how to add in "gmail.com"  There's an "edit" button on the certificate details, but it is greyed out.   Can anyone tell me how to do edits on the security certificate?

Thank you.

rdatlanta

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

try taking google out of the IE Trusted sites list and uninstalling/updating the google toolbar.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:25 AM