locked
system attendant fails to start after setup -topology discovery failed RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am installing a second E2K7 server as a mailbox role.First server is a DC, has client access, hub transport and mailbox role. Cannot get Mailbox role installed on second server. All are in same site. I have added the subnet to AD sites & services as I saw another forum with that suggestion.....no luck.

    Below are 2 of the errors on the server.The AD Toplogy Service is started but the system attendant just hangs on starting forever and never starts.

    Event ID 2080
    Source MSEXchangeADAccess
    Cat Topology


    Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=4004). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
     (Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
    In-site:
    sol-mx10.2007ad.local CDG 1 7 7 1 0 0 1 7 1
     Out-of-site:


    Event ID 2114
    Source MSEXchangeADAccess
    Cat Topology


    Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=4004). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040a02 (DSC_E_NO_SUITABLE_CDC).

     

    I've tried uninstalling exchange, removing, readding server to AD etc. DCDiag and netdiag do not return any errors, all tests passed.

    I've also tried setting the event viewer logging to high but am getting an error saying "network path not found" when it do this.......???

    HELP please

    Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:53 PM

All replies



  • Hi,

    I'm having a similiar problem, did you find a way to solve it?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:57 AM


  • SOLVED !!!!!

    After trying many things my deployment teached a few things to consider for future installations.

    First, my enviroment included two exchange 2003 servers, both servers were SP2; and 2 Win 2003 AD with SP1, also one of the servers had a spanish version of Windows and Exchange.

    Soo, this is what i did to solve all the problems I had:

    1.- Installed SP2 in both AD servers
    2.- Installed KB919166 fix in both AD
    3.- Add a local policy to allow Exchange Servers to use "Manage Auditing and security log" right.
    4.- Manually add the EX2K7 to the "Exchange Domain Servers" group in AD


    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:24 AM