Show all documents checked out (SPS 2003) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using SharePoint 2003.  I want the first page of my site to show users a list of all the documents they currently have checked out.  Is this possible?

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:00 PM (SP 2003) added to Title. Always say in the Title if you are not using a SP 2007 product as many people here will not have used the product and thus will not need to read the post
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Red_Nightshade,

You can achieve this as per following steps(Although the following steps are based on SharePoint 2007, I think these still would be helpful to you):

1.       If the list or library is not already open, click its name on the Quick Launch.

2.       If the name of your list or library does not appear, click View All Site Content, and then click the name of your list or library.

3.       On the View menu , click Create View.

4.       Under Choose a view format, click the type of view that you want to create. For most situations in libraries, you can click Standard View.

5.       In the View Name box, type a name for your view, such as Sorted by Last Name.

6.       If you want to make this the default view, select the Make this the default view check box (Optional).

7.       Select all required Columns along with "Checked out To"

8.       In the Filter section, choose: Show items only when the following is true: Checked Out To > is equal to > [Me]

9.       Scroll Down further in the page and expand "Folders" node: Select "Show all items without folders"

10.   (If your list or library has folders, you can create a view that does not include the folders - this is sometimes called a flat view. To view of all your list items at the same level, click Show all items without folders.

11.   Click OK.

Now in this view currently logged in user should see all document checkout to him from the entire library/list regardless of folder nesting structure.

More Details:

Create or change a view

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA100215771033.aspx?pid=CH101471921033.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

Friday, March 4, 2011 3:51 AM
  • That works great for one Library, but what about showing a list of all the checked out documents in the entire site?  I want a web part on my homepage that shows your checked out files from all Libraries.
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Hello Peng Lei,

Can you provide us instructions for creating a web part that shows a list of all the checked out documents residing in all Document Libraries of a SharePoint team site?  I want a web part on my homepage that shows checked out files from all Libraries.

Thank you,

SASzczygielski

Friday, March 18, 2011 7:00 PM