Cortana - Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Just wondering if someone could advice me on this.

I've just built a new server 2016 image. Only thing running is hyper-v and Server Administrator. Its a flat server running nothing but Virtuals etc. Its added to the domain with only the default domain policy applied.

I keep getting this error in event viewer. 

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: This app can't be activated by the Built-in Administrator. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

I've logged on as a normal user, domain admin and as local admin. I know because of UAC you cant activate or run certain apps using the built in Admin account. But i'm not logged in as that anymore and i'm still getting this error. Guides have suggested going into the local group policy and changing the option under "security options" then enable "User account control" admin approval mode for built in Admin accounts.... but this is grayed out regardless of who im logged in as so I can change it. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Very Much!

Mick

Mikehawo

Monday, July 2, 2018 12:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please remember to mark useful reply as answer, which would be much more efficient for other forum community members to find useful information.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mikehawo Monday, September 17, 2018 7:00 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:48 PM

All replies