none
cannot add to favorites RRS feed

• Question

• Using IE11 with Win7 64 bit.  Cannot add a page to favorites.  Cannot import or export either.  When I try to import or export I get to the window that says" Import/Export Settings"  "Select the folder that you want to export your favorites from" the window is empty.  Also happens with Import favorites.  Window is blank, no folders to choose.  It's like Favorites is lost or disconnected.

Mike

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:40 PM

Answers

• Cannot add a page to favorites.

So the designed UI is broken.  As a workaround can you drag a URL from the Address bar to the Favorites subfolder that you would have used the UI for?  Note that there are two cases to test:  Ctrl-Shift-I  and having a Windows Explorer window open at shell:Favorites (or a subfolder of it).  E.g. you could have the Favorites folder open in Fullscreen mode open as a background window for a normal mode window and quickly drag wherever you leave a bit of the WE window showing under an IE window (open in normal mode of course).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, February 9, 2014 6:28 AM
    Answerer

All replies

Press Ctrl-d.  What do you see?  What happens?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:26 PM
    Answerer
  • With IE11 open if I "press Ctrl-d" nothing happens.  When I do that with FireFox it shows my favorites.
    Saturday, February 8, 2014 4:50 PM

So the designed UI is broken.  As a workaround can you drag a URL from the Address bar to the Favorites subfolder that you would have used the UI for?  Note that there are two cases to test:  Ctrl-Shift-I  and having a Windows Explorer window open at shell:Favorites (or a subfolder of it).  E.g. you could have the Favorites folder open in Fullscreen mode open as a background window for a normal mode window and quickly drag wherever you leave a bit of the WE window showing under an IE window (open in normal mode of course).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, February 9, 2014 6:28 AM
    Answerer