definition soundcard built RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

Kindly note that I installed Win 7 and the sound system doesn't work, by the way I have definition sound card built. Could you please help me.

Thanks & Best Regard

Tarek Sinno 

E-Mail: lebanesstar@hotmail.com

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:42 AM

All replies

• Right-Click on the Flag at the low right and select  Troubleshoot a problem and run the hardware troubleshooter.

Visit the soundcard manufacturer's web site and look for drivers for Windows 7 for the device. 

Monday, July 11, 2011 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

First you may try to use Device Manager to check whether this device is recognized by your computer. If you cannot find the sound device in Device Manager, you should check the hardware.

If the device is recognized by your computer and still not work, please try to upgrade the sound card driver and following sound card manufacturer’s instruction to configure setting.

Also please collect the hardware installation log file in the path of %WINDIR%\Inf\Setupapi*.log, upload the file via SkyDrive and post a link here. Then we can find some information from this log.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive?wa=wsignin1.0

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 22, 2011 8:02 AM