power breakdown, vista damaged RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

yesterday my computer (with windows vista enterprise) was up and running. Suddenly there was a power breakdown and as it should be the computer restarted. While it was restarting another power breakdown occured... now Vista woun't boot anymore...

This happens:

I have a dual boot system (xp and vista), when I choose Vista it continious and the loading screen of Vista appears, then when normally the login screen appears there is only a black screen.

The vista repair tool doesn't work... but I still can use the computer via Windows XP, so I can repair it probably by myself... I only don't know what to do? Wich files are damaged?

Thank you VERY MUCH!

Cliff
    Monday, September 10, 2007 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems when the power broke down, your Windows Vista's MFT record in your hard drive got damaged. MFT record is a sector that Windows allocates to enable booting through it. I suggest you doing a full hard drive "Disk Scan" through Windows XP (including surface test) and give it a try, else you'll have to re-install your Windows Vista.

Good luck

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems when the power broke down, your Windows Vista's MFT record in your hard drive got damaged. MFT record is a sector that Windows allocates to enable booting through it. I suggest you doing a full hard drive "Disk Scan" through Windows XP (including surface test) and give it a try, else you'll have to re-install your Windows Vista.

Good luck

Monday, September 10, 2007 11:58 PM
  • Thanks for your answer, I hope this will work for me!

I'll try it as soon as possible!

Cliff

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:29 PM