none
Mail flow not happening internal and external

Question

• Team,

I am having two VM (exchange 1 and exchange 2) on hyper on which i had installed multi role exchange binaries i.e (cas and mailbox) on both vms. Due to maintainance i had switch off  exchange 2 server. My observation was after switching off exchange 2 server. All users outlook client was showing connected but mail flow was not happening internal as well as external. After switching on exchange 2 server mail flow start working. Please suggest what will be the issue.

Note : For load balancing exchange servers we have array load balancer in our infra.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Ratian, 

Is there any update for this thread?

If the above suggestions are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Raritan Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:29 AM
    Monday, May 16, 2016 8:10 AM

All replies

• Which cumulative update did you install?

You can't just switch off an Exchange server.  If you can't run that server, uninstall it.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:04 AM
  • Hi Raritan, 

Welcome to our forum.

Have you deployed HA for Mailbox server?

Did you mean you have deployed HLB for load balance?

Have you deployed HA for Mailbox server?

Are there any user mailbox on Exchange 1?

Is there an error when you send test emails once r Exchange server 2 was turned off?

Have you install domain controller on those two VMs which is hosting Exchange 1 and Exchange2?

For troubleshooting this issue, please give us more details about your infrastructure and it’s configuration for Exchange server. 

When Exchange server 2 was turned off, please use OWA to check if user could login and send/receive internal emails. Run the following command on Exchange server 1 to check if receive connector has configured on Exchange server 1:

Get-ReceiveConnector –Server <the Name of Exchange server 1>

If there is no receive connector on Exchange server 1, please create receive connector as same as Exchange server 2.

When Exchange server 2 was switched off, please check if there are any errors in application log on Exchange server 1, then post error for our troubleshooting.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:16 AM
  • Hi Ratian, 

Is there any update for this thread?

If the above suggestions are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

• Marked as answer by Raritan Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:29 AM
    Monday, May 16, 2016 8:10 AM