none
"no disks to display" in DPM console, and no disks are available to add to a storage pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I need some help setting up a storage pool in MSC Data Protecion Manager 2010. I have four physical drives configured in RAID 5 and seen by Windows 2008 as a single dynamic disk, "Disk0". The Disk 0  has a 60 GB C volume and a 780 GB D volume.   I want to create a storage pool in DPM but it says "no disks to display" in DPM console,  and no disks are available to add to a storage pool.  All of the DPM components are installed on the C drive so I think the D drive should be available. Hitting "rescan" does not help.  What must be done in order to make the D drive available?
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:42 PM

Answers

• Remove volumes. The disk shouldn�??t be �??volumed�?� =)

"piraparana" wrote in message news:781ce6d5-c560-424b-9ff6-14939301865c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hi,
    I need some help setting up a storage pool in MSC Data Protecion Manager 2010. I have four physical drives configured in RAID 5 and seen by Windows 2008 as a single dynamic disk, "Disk0". The Disk 0  has a 60 GB C volume and a 780 GB D volume.   I want to create a storage pool in DPM but it says "no disks to display" in DPM console,  and no disks are available to add to a storage pool.  All of the DPM components are installed on the C drive so I think the D drive should be available. Hitting "rescan" does not help.  What must be done in order to make the D drive available?

http://rublog.alex-trofimov.com
    • Marked as answer by piraparana Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:26 PM

All replies

• Remove volumes. The disk shouldn�??t be �??volumed�?� =)

"piraparana" wrote in message news:781ce6d5-c560-424b-9ff6-14939301865c@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hi,
    I need some help setting up a storage pool in MSC Data Protecion Manager 2010. I have four physical drives configured in RAID 5 and seen by Windows 2008 as a single dynamic disk, "Disk0". The Disk 0  has a 60 GB C volume and a 780 GB D volume.   I want to create a storage pool in DPM but it says "no disks to display" in DPM console,  and no disks are available to add to a storage pool.  All of the DPM components are installed on the C drive so I think the D drive should be available. Hitting "rescan" does not help.  What must be done in order to make the D drive available?

http://rublog.alex-trofimov.com
    • Marked as answer by piraparana Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:26 PM
  • have you solved this, i have exactly the same problem, and my disks are unallocated
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:38 PM