none
Project Server 2013 - Timesheet/period totals in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I'm working on configuring two last tasks for a Project Server 2013 deployment (which can be upgraded to 2016 if it includes the needed features I am looking for).  I'll separate these into two different posts to keep thing clean.

This post will focus on the need of end users - who submit timesheets monthly - to have a field in PWA to reflect the total amount of time *they* have entered on a project thus far in a month.  Effectively, a timesheet monthly total column per project/task.

Can this be done?  I've been looking at add-ins, which are priced extraordinarily high so far and promise lack-luster results.

Any other details needed to answer I  can happily provide.

Cheers, 

Monday, May 8, 2017 7:56 PM

All replies

• Browning IT --

The functionality you seek is not a built-in feature of Project Server 2013.  Therefore, your only option would be to purchase an add-in for the software.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, May 8, 2017 10:24 PM
  • Hi Browning IT,

I agree with Dale that this isn't part of the system.  However, we have done similar things by using reporting to tally up work by resource, based on assignment/task and break it down by day/week/month totals.  This won't result in a single field in PWA but you could always have a link in PWA that sends the user to the report.

Collin

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:42 AM
  •  Can you advise of your methods Collin?  I would love to implement this with a few clicks/adding a menu item for end users still in the web app (and not via Excel/Project)
    Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:11 PM
  • We create the report in either Power BI (or you could do it in Excel) and then we make that report into a web part which is then put into the appropriate PWA page.  OR, you could just leave the report wherever it is (like in the "Reports" section of PWA) and put a hyperlink field in the appropriate view.

Collin

Friday, May 12, 2017 6:22 PM