Windows 10 Brightness Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I updated my laptop to Windows 10 not that long ago and, all of a sudden, my brightness control buttons just stopped working. I have tried updating my computer, as well as updating my computer's systems and device drivers, but nothing seems to be working.
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi JordanChappell,

Could you please share more details about the all of a sudden? Do you mean the button once worked under Windows 10?

Laptop screen controller should be managed by the manufacturer, have you confirmed with your manufacturer and see if they could offer any further assistance? Which should be managed by additonal software controller.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:54 AM
    Friday, October 16, 2015 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If you're using any third-party software, try removing them and see if it helps. Alternatively, you can go into Safe Mode and check if issue still persists in it.

Regards.

Windows Troubleshooting & How to guides - http://www.kapilarya.com

Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:33 AM
  • Hi JordanChappell,

Could you please share more details about the all of a sudden? Do you mean the button once worked under Windows 10?

Laptop screen controller should be managed by the manufacturer, have you confirmed with your manufacturer and see if they could offer any further assistance? Which should be managed by additonal software controller.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:54 AM
    Friday, October 16, 2015 9:28 AM