none
Trouble to set up language RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using MDT to deploy Windows 7 and I'm having trouble to set the language correctly. I've captured an image containing all the language pack I need and I am using this image to deploy computers in an other Deployment Share.

Now in this Deployment Share I have set up the language based on the Gateway in my customesettings :

[DefaultGateway]
    10.0.1.254=US
    10.0.2.254=FR

[US]

InputLocale=en-us
    KeyboardLocale=en-us
    UserLocale=en-us
    UILanguage=en-us

[FR]

InputLocale=fr-fr
    KeyboardLocale=fr-fr
    UserLocale=fr-fr
    UILanguage=fr-fr

And so on for all my languages.

Ok so what I want to know is:

- Is this correct ?

- How should my lang.ini in the Operating System folder should look like ? It is currently like this but I don't know to what does the number correspond to:

[Available UI Languages] en-us = 3 fr-FR = 2 es-ES = 2 pt-BR = 2 [Fallback Languages] fr-FR = en-us es-ES = en-us pt-BR = en-us

- I want my WinPE interface to be fully in English but somehow it is mixing English with french, here is my unattend :

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS">
                <SetupUILanguage>
                    <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
                </SetupUILanguage>
                <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>
                <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
                <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
                <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
     </component>

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Saturday, September 6, 2014 2:11 PM

All replies

• Here is a primer on how to write cs.ini files.

If necessary, I would recommend doing some testing from the Deployment Host:

cscript.exe d:\deploymentshare\scripts\ztigather.wsf /localonly

cscript.exe d:\deploymentshare\scripts\ztigather.wsf /nolocalonly /inifile:d:\deploymentshare\control\customsettings.ini 

Then if you want to override some of the parameters:

cscript.exe d:\deploymentshare\scripts\ztigather.wsf /localonly

cscript.exe d:\deploymentshare\scripts\ztigather.wsf /nolocalonly /inifile:d:\deploymentshare\control\customsettings.ini /DefaultGateway:123.45.67.89

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Sunday, September 7, 2014 11:50 PM