none
Project Pro 2013 Crashing - has something to do with Global Views and or Tables? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 800 or so active project files in my 2013 PWA instance. I am just starting to get my head around this potential bug. I have not reproduced it yet but I have seen it a number of times. MS Project Pro randomly freezes after one of the following actions

1) Attempting to change Gantt Chart Task text format

2) Attempting to changing from one view to another

3) Attempting to save the file

In each case this behavior is corrected by going to the Organizer and removing any and all local Views and Tables that have the same name as the a View or Table in the Global.

The fix is easy but users are pretty upset when they lost work from a multi-hour meeting.

I imagine this is a conflict with the view or table name? ?

Has anyone heard of this before? Clues?

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:45 PM

All replies

• John,

Which CU are you on for Project 2013? With eac h CU, several improvements are made for Project 2013 stability. So installing the latest CU (or that matches with your PWA Instance), might be the solution.

Here are all the Project 2013 updates, by CU.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/msp13.aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:13 PM
  • 2013 SP 1 July 2014 CU

If the patch level is the issue I can push for the next CU.

For now I am looking to see if this issue has been seen elsewhere and if there steps my users can follow to prevent this from happening.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:26 PM
  • John,

I have not seen this issue myself, nor have I found a reference to it in the fixes in the CU. Having said that, I am a little confused as to how users would have local views with the same name as the enterprise ones?

May be one thing to try is to rename the enterprise views with the word 'Enterprise' at the beginning and see if it fixes the issue?

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:08 PM