Display driver stopped responding and has recovered successfully Mobile Intel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using a Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit version. Lately, my computer occasionally gets restarted before trying to display a message 'Display driver for Windows Vista has stopped responding and has recovered successfully' while I'm using a Windows 7 version. This was not much of a problem earlier but recently, my system restarts often due to this. A few days back I have installed Windows Blinds and other desktop desktop enhancement tools. I was wondering if the problem is being triggered by the use of these new software. But I don't want to uninstall them. I need help that I can fix safely by myself. I don't have a computer science background but can surely try to fix if instructions are provided.

Thank you,

Christina

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please open Device Manager, under Display adapters, please right click your adapter -> Properties and capture a screenshot of the Driver tab for check.

Also, please note that using third-party tools to customize Windows Desktop Experience may make Windows unstable and it is not recommended by Microsoft.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:13 AM

All replies

• Have you tried going to the manufactures website to see if they have an updated video driver?
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

Please open Device Manager, under Display adapters, please right click your adapter -> Properties and capture a screenshot of the Driver tab for check.

Also, please note that using third-party tools to customize Windows Desktop Experience may make Windows unstable and it is not recommended by Microsoft.

Thanks.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:13 AM