none
Trusted Sites "Require Server Verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" RRS feed

• Question

• I have to uncheck the "Require Server Verification" checkbox for Trusted Sites but it's greyed out. I've tried changing the registry Flag settings for Zone 2 to 67 (Decimal) to force the uncheck but it's not doing anything. Am I missing something or is there some other way to uncheck that? I've tried both 71 and 67 and the check box remains.

Vincent Sprague

• Edited by Baron164 Monday, September 22, 2014 8:21 PM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I made a test in our testing environment:

With the option unchecked:
    HKU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2\Flags: 0x00000143(323)

With the option checked:
    HKU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2\Flags: 0x0000047(71)

Our testing enviroment: Windows 8.1 x64, English, IE 11.

If your OS version is different, please feel free let me know.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I made a test in our testing environment:

With the option unchecked:
    HKU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2\Flags: 0x00000143(323)

With the option checked:
    HKU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\2\Flags: 0x0000047(71)

Our testing enviroment: Windows 8.1 x64, English, IE 11.

If your OS version is different, please feel free let me know.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:04 AM
  • I ran into a problem where setting this to 67 did more than just untick that option.  Apparently the Flags registry value this is a bitwise value, and thus multiple settings are contained in this one value.  You need to add the numbers in the table at the bottom of this page to get the desired value: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569.  In other words 67 decimal may not really be the value you want as it may change other settings as well.  I also believe the list at the bottom of that page is not complete as I’ve seen values as high as 327 (1+2+4+8+16+32+128 <327, so some other settings are also included in this value) and Roger reported 323 above.  I know this doesn't give people the right answer, but it may help in a situation where things are not set right and you don't know why.  I wish Microsoft had broken out all of the options into different registry values.

Alex

Monday, February 9, 2015 9:19 PM