strange RRS feed

• Question

• a user had one of those stange search engines on her PC called qone8 which was unisntalled on PC and on internet explorer. now the problems is when we try and access websites it freezing and we have noted that when you goto internet explore it says it on ie9 but under programs it coming up as ie11.  do you know how we can fix this or do wee need a reinstall of the machine?
    Friday, June 6, 2014 6:25 AM

Answers

• Try running IE without Add-ons, or deconfiguring Add-ons by clicking the Gear icon then choosing Manage Add-ons.

It's surprising how much not-needed-ware people accumulate as IE Add-ons.  NONE are needed, strictly speaking, though occasionally there are those that are useful.  My strategy when helping people with system problems is disable all those they don't KNOW they need - which may be all of them.  A perceived loss of functionality can be countered with re-enablement of specific Add-ons.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:13 AM
    Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:33 PM
  • Please follow Noel's advice.

In addition see: "Remove Start.Qone8.com (Virus Removal Guide)".

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:08 AM

All replies

• Try running IE without Add-ons, or deconfiguring Add-ons by clicking the Gear icon then choosing Manage Add-ons.

It's surprising how much not-needed-ware people accumulate as IE Add-ons.  NONE are needed, strictly speaking, though occasionally there are those that are useful.  My strategy when helping people with system problems is disable all those they don't KNOW they need - which may be all of them.  A perceived loss of functionality can be countered with re-enablement of specific Add-ons.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:33 PM
  • Please follow Noel's advice.

In addition see: "Remove Start.Qone8.com (Virus Removal Guide)".

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:08 AM