Windows 10 DVD Playback Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to watch the greatest movie in the world, Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks on Windows 10. I have a DVD version of it...would not play sound on Windows media player.... worked before...what happened? Are you familiar with this movie? It was released in 1974.......greatest movie ever. Released in the same year as Mel Brook's other greatest movie, Young Frankenstein!!!!

I just want to watch movies through Windows 10...help me out! :)

Eerie in Erie

• Edited by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, October 18, 2015 5:47 AM Create a suitable title to reflect question
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, October 18, 2015 5:48 AM Relocated
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 1:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue can be caused by sound driver.

Please open Device manager, right click to uninstall the Audio card driver.

Then click the last button on the tool bar to scan for hardware changes, then you will get the default sound driver installed.

If the issue still persists, open your playback devices in the task bar and see if you have "speakers" and some other digital or whatever device, disable one make sure you still have sound normally and reattempt to run the DVD and see if that works, if not disable the other and enable the formerly disabled and rinse repeat, by the sounds of it you should have DVD sound and nothing tied up after this.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, October 24, 2015 2:14 PM

All replies

• It's likely to be a problem with the codecs installed - Win10 doesn't have the same set of codecs as earlier versions.

Please repost your Windows 10 query to the appropriate WIndows 10 Community forum here...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

This issue can be caused by sound driver.

Please open Device manager, right click to uninstall the Audio card driver.

Then click the last button on the tool bar to scan for hardware changes, then you will get the default sound driver installed.

If the issue still persists, open your playback devices in the task bar and see if you have "speakers" and some other digital or whatever device, disable one make sure you still have sound normally and reattempt to run the DVD and see if that works, if not disable the other and enable the formerly disabled and rinse repeat, by the sounds of it you should have DVD sound and nothing tied up after this.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, October 24, 2015 2:14 PM