none
Password protected links + CSOM RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to (using the CSOM API) generate a password protected link?

It can be done manually through the UI since almost 1 year but not using the API.

Any plan to include it?

Thanks.

Monday, November 18, 2019 6:10 PM

All replies

• No i don't think we have such API command to do it.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:14 PM
  • Hi,

Do you want to generate a password protected file sharing links with OneDrive?

I check the latest Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM librarys and can't find a method can generate a password protected link.

Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM 16.1.19404.12000

If I misunderstand your question, please provide more information for further research. 

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:21 AM
  • You were right. This is exactly what I need... Do you know if there are plans to include it?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:18 PM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, there is not a official document talk about this API currently. You can submit a uservoice in the link below.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329220-sharepoint-dev-platform

Best Regards,

Dennis 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:24 AM