none
Windows 8.1 Network Time Out RRS feed

• Question

• I notice the sometimes will have the time out after I upgrade to windows 8.1, the 8.1 PC will ping the gateway with time out when the same time I can ping the gateway normally in the windows 7 PC or 2008 R2 Server, I have a VMWare server contain the Windows8.1 and windows2008 R2 server in same machine, but only windows 8.1 can not ping out. What will cause the problem? Thanks.

(The GW is using Zyxel USG 50, Vendor check the setting and HW is no problem. And I try several fireware still occur the problem. 

Moreover, the latest VM tools is installed on the Windows 8.1's VM, still occurred problem. )

Monday, November 16, 2015 4:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Holy,

Thank you for your question.

Please turn off the firewall and disable A/V software to check if the issue persist. It could be caused network card, you could contact the vendor of VMWare to rebuild the network card to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:51 AM