none
Help with UAC GPO - Urgent.

Question

• Hi.

I'm working on a project where I've set up a UAC GPO. Now as I understand - The UAC GPO applies to computers. I've created an Organizational Unit and linked my UAC GPO to it, and it works as I expect. Basically when I want to for example run an .exe file, the user is prompted to enter admin credentials. So far so good

Now in order to show what happens when a PC is not hit by the GPO I went ahead and created another OU that has zero GPOs attached. I even blocked inheritance on it. In that one OU I linked 1 PC that I have set up.

Now whenever I login to the PC as a user I would expect UAC not to hit, but for some strange reason it does, and this i do not understand.

As far as I know, Computer Configuration in Group Policy  applies to computers, regardless of who logs on to the computers. And since the Test PC is not hit by any GPO why does this still happen?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:16 PM

Answers

• UAC is enabled by default at some level. Did you check the settings on the computer?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:39 AM
  • correct that was my point - the OP should be looking at the local machine 
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:41 AM

All replies