none
two small questions RRS feed

• Question

• well i almost finished with my dashboard work (finally)

but i'm still looking for a solution to 2 issues:

1- i have to have a dynamic filter to get all the members from a dimension, so i set my MDX FILTER to [DIMENSION].[].ALLMEMBERS and i get all the members(over 5 hundred so i had to changed the config file) but..without the assistant i cannot set a default member and i need it , what can i do???????? can i set a default member by mdx or???

2-I'm able to show at my dynamic reports all the values from each of the parts..but when i do a preview and i changed for example from top 5 to top 10 , i lost all the values!!!!!!!! i want to show the data at my report..what can i do???????

many thanks

cheers
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1) You cannot set a default member in the MDX filter. Instead you can set the default member in the cube. So when you write the MDX in the DD and preview it, the default member from the cube will be picked up and shown.

2) Could you be more specific on this point. Are you customizing you report by changing the MDX??

Regards,
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:36 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1) You cannot set a default member in the MDX filter. Instead you can set the default member in the cube. So when you write the MDX in the DD and preview it, the default member from the cube will be picked up and shown.

2) Could you be more specific on this point. Are you customizing you report by changing the MDX??

Regards,
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:36 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:55 AM
  • thanks for ur reply.

i fixed both issues

cheers
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:27 PM
  • jpous ,
    can you please mark the post answer and post the answer for others as a reference in future.
    Thank you for your help

Dibyant

Dibyant S U padhyay
    Saturday, March 7, 2009 5:00 PM