none
Add timesheet missing days RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured my PS 2013 environment for timesheet reporting with a reporting period of 30 days. We have submitted the Feb TS already. Now for the Month of March is starting with 3rd March onwards for 30 days as 2 days were taken in Feb. 

When I go and try to add existing assignment in the timesheet for the other 2 activities it is not showing up in Timesheet and dates are not getting added. 

Any tip / idea would be appreciated. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:40 AM

Answers

• If at least a user has started entering actuals in a timesheet on a period (even if he just saved, not submit), your period contains actuals and the system prevents you from deleting the period.

You could simply edit the start and finish date. Not sure it will work for march period, you have to test it, but at least you could manually update the end date of the April period to the last day of the month and then update the following periods to match the calendar.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:15 AM

All replies

• On which date are you trying to submit actuals? If the feb period is closed, then it is normal that you cannot submit time against it.

That being said, a best practice would be to define timesheet period based on the month first and end dates (to match monthly Financial cutoff) instead of a fixed duration period of 30 days. Because then you'll always have a few days more due t ofeb having 28 days and 1 month over 2 having 31 days.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:06 AM
  • - Would it be possible to update the date only in someway? 

- I am not able to delete the period defined for march, possible reasons?

- I would create manually each month and not use the bulk create option. 

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:10 AM
  • The period is not yet closed, it is open in Timsheet reporting period as we in pilot phase people have already reported timesheets on that period.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:11 AM
  • If at least a user has started entering actuals in a timesheet on a period (even if he just saved, not submit), your period contains actuals and the system prevents you from deleting the period.

You could simply edit the start and finish date. Not sure it will work for march period, you have to test it, but at least you could manually update the end date of the April period to the last day of the month and then update the following periods to match the calendar.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:15 AM