Execution Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing a Powershell scirpt on Win 10 machine with Powershell ISE run as administrator and I am the administrator of my PC. Specifically this script. Every time I try to run the script I get the dreaded message: "... is not digitally signed. You cannot run 
    this script on the current system. For more information about running scripts and setting execution policy, see about_Execution_Policies at ..."

I've tried running the following and nothing seems to work:

set-executionpolicy unrestricted

Set-ExecutionPolicy ByPass

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -Scope CurrentUser

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser

Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass

Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope MachinePolicy -ExecutionPolicy Bypass

Get-ExecutionPolicy -List currently displays the following after all my tests:

Scope ExecutionPolicy
            ----- ---------------
    MachinePolicy    RemoteSigned
       UserPolicy       Undefined
          Process       Undefined
      CurrentUser          Bypass
     LocalMachine    Unrestricted

I noticed that it won't let me change UserPolicy nor Process. I get the following message:

Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy ByPass
    Set-ExecutionPolicy : Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more specific scope.  Due 
    to the override, your shell will retain its current effective execution policy of RemoteSigned. 

Friday, June 28, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• The policy is set by the domain and you cannot override it as a local user.  Ask you domain admin for help.

According to the settings you can run local scripts bu all remote scripts must be signed. 

You can sign your scripts to overcome this.

Also note that scripts you have downloaded must be unblocked or they will not work either.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Friday, June 28, 2019 2:02 PM
    • Proposed as answer by BOfH-666 Friday, June 28, 2019 2:05 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2019 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Monday, July 1, 2019 6:19 AM