Email notification User Input property RRS feed

• Question

•   I have query results from service request as part of user input into Service Request and processing them in Orchestrator.

As a part of email notification, I would like to display the same query results as part of body of email notification.

Query results are displayed as part of User Input in Service Request

In email notification I am able to display all fields of service requests except User Input maybe because its inturn a XML value.

Any suggestion to come across this ?

Shahid Roofi

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:14 PM

Answers

•    I ended up at the use the Get-RelationShip object in Orchestrator. And Add the query results to add query results as related objects.

I think that is proper way to achieving that instead of accessing them in User Input field in which the results are ambiguous as well as in HTML format strings only.

Shahid Roofi

• Marked as answer by Shahid Roofi Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:36 PM

All replies

• I am assuming that you are sending the email notification as HTML, in that case the "User Input" will be filtered as it starts with < and ends with > (HTML notification will filter the context between <...>)

You have to use a PS script in Orchestrator to get the query results only from the "User Input" without all the junk info between <...> then return that using Published Data tab so you will be able to use it in the runbook activities such as the email activity.

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:51 PM
  •    I ended up at the use the Get-RelationShip object in Orchestrator. And Add the query results to add query results as related objects.

I think that is proper way to achieving that instead of accessing them in User Input field in which the results are ambiguous as well as in HTML format strings only.

Shahid Roofi

• Marked as answer by Shahid Roofi Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:36 PM
  • I am assuming that you are sending the email notification as HTML, in that case the "User Input" will be filtered as it starts with < and ends with > (HTML notification will filter the context between <...>)

You have to use a PS script in Orchestrator to get the query results only from the "User Input" without all the junk info between <...> then return that using Published Data tab so you will be able to use it in the runbook activities such as the email activity.

Do you have a working example of how to do what you describe?  I am trying to accomplish the same thing and having alot of difficulty coming up with a proper solution.  Any help is appreciated!
    Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:37 AM

Shahid Roofi

Would you care to share exactly how you accomplished this with screenshots?  
    Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:38 AM