New Function message keeps coming up in Office 2016 (365) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently were using Office 365 through a Citrix envoirment. Everything works fine, but when someone starts an Office application, it pop-ups the New Function Message. You can close it, but everytime the user logs in, that message is coming back.

Because were enrolling Office 2016 to all the users, I want to disable this pop-up generaly. Is there some kind of registery Key I can edit to disable this pane?

PS, I hope you can understand what I mean. Im from the Netherlands so my English is not amazing.

Kind Regards,

Damian

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:56 AM

Answers

• This should be helping with normal desktop , not sure how it can help with citrix installations.

Can you try this ?

In the below registry key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\WhatsNew

Create a new DWORD value named "SuppressForAutomation" and set the value to 1

This will stop all of the whats new dialog boxes but will not remove the 'What's New' sections under File > Account from Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.

S_K_P

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• This should be helping with normal desktop , not sure how it can help with citrix installations.

Can you try this ?

In the below registry key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\WhatsNew

Create a new DWORD value named "SuppressForAutomation" and set the value to 1

This will stop all of the whats new dialog boxes but will not remove the 'What's New' sections under File > Account from Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.

S_K_P

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:34 PM
  • if the suggestion by S_K_P doesn't work for you, you can try these related GP settings:

https://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#13821

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Monday, August 12, 2019 9:49 PM
  • Hi Damian,

Please follow the suggestion from S_K_P and Don to have a check. If you have any updates and anything unclear, please feel free to post back to tell us. I'm glad to follow up to help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

• Marked as answer by D. Eickhoff Monday, August 19, 2019 1:17 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by D. Eickhoff Monday, August 19, 2019 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:36 AM
  • It looks like S_K_P's solution works. We've tested it with one user and that account didn't get that prompt. Tomorrow we're testen more, if that prompt isn't showing, I will update this topic.

Thanks everyone for now!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

OK. Feel free to post back to let us know if you have any updates. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for kind understanding!

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, August 16, 2019 1:19 AM
  • Hi All,

The given solution by S_K_P worked.

Thank you!

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:18 PM