NPS Wireless RRS feed

• Question

• OK I'm having issues with my radius server.  I have two SSID's one for staff and another for Vendors.  All the AP's connect via a cisco wireless controller.  I can't seem to get the radius server to tell the differences between the two SSID's.  The staff wireless and the vendor wireless are also on two different vlans.  However the radius server is a VM, and can't recognize vlans.  Is there anyway to tell these two wireless networks apart?  IP range, vlan, etc.  I have two Network Polices one for vendor and one for staff.  But right now each group staff/or vendor can log into each others wireless SSID.  What can I use from the one wireless controller to tell them apart? 
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't know if I understand your question correctly but if you're looking for a way to use Network Policies based upon wireless SSID's names this is the way I've set it up in our testing environment:

In the Network Policy I created a Condition based upon Called Station ID and gave it the following value:

^.*:SSID_Name$

This expression will match any NAS that provides the correct SSID name.

As I understand it, in a wireless environment the Called Station ID attribute will contain the following "MAC_address_of_the _NAS:SSID_Name".

More information in another thread on this forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverNAP/thread/12e8f94d-6719-49b2-99cc-b084757b6a3f

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This question is still not answered but has fallen off the first page of the forum so it may not be getting the attention needed.

Please let me know if there is any further information about this issue. I will also try to summarize the current question and get an answer if possible, or move the question to another forum if it is not appropriate for the NAP forum.

Greg Lindsay

Friday, March 19, 2010 9:17 PM
  • Hi,

I don't know if I understand your question correctly but if you're looking for a way to use Network Policies based upon wireless SSID's names this is the way I've set it up in our testing environment:

In the Network Policy I created a Condition based upon Called Station ID and gave it the following value:

^.*:SSID_Name$

This expression will match any NAS that provides the correct SSID name.

As I understand it, in a wireless environment the Called Station ID attribute will contain the following "MAC_address_of_the _NAS:SSID_Name".

More information in another thread on this forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverNAP/thread/12e8f94d-6719-49b2-99cc-b084757b6a3f

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:30 AM